Devudu Chesina Manushulu starts with Lord Vishnu played by Brahmanandam narrating a story to Lakshmi Devi played by Kovai Sarala. It all starts with MS Narayana eating a banana and throwing the peel on the road. From there on Ravi Teja, a settlement broker goes to Bangkok to negotiate a deal between a Circle Inspector played by Subba Raju and a don played by Prakash Raj. In Bangkok he meets Ileana, a Taxi driver (with a horrible wig) and falls in love. Before the interval, due to certain turns in the story(?), Ravi Teja and Ileana fight and separate. But Goddess Lakshmi doesn’t like the turn in the story, so she takes it back to the start where MS Narayana throws the peel and twists the story to suit her taste.
Ravi Teja, Ileana, Ali, Brahmanandam, Kovai Sarala, Prakash Raj, Subba Raju, MS Narayana
Puri Jagannath at his audio launch had said that he felt like experimenting and made a film that has no story. It turns out that he was indeed speaking the truth! The film has no story to narrate. Even though the style he picked is from very successful and popular Hollywood films like Run Lola Run and Fatal Attraction, DCM is neither captivating nor interesting. He could not reach even 10% of those films. With no story in the film, one can any way least expect any logic.
Watch the movie for:
- Ravi Teja’s energetic performance.
- Prakash Raj is good as an absent-minded Don
- Ileana looks good except for her wig.
- Ali as Bangkok driver, Brahmandam and Kovai Sarala bring few good scenes.
- Music by Raghu Kunche is average.
Skip the movie for:
- Ravi Teja becomes predictable with his routine action and dialogue deliveries.
- Ali repeats himself, and although Brahmanandam and Kovai Sarala are very talented actors, their characterization is very loud.
- Ileana has not much to do in the film apart from coming for the song sequences.
- There is no Puri-style punch in dialogues, the kind he is famous to make his heroes say.
Overall, Devudu Chesina Manushulu is a very disappointing film.